The Eastern Conference on Workplace Democracy (ECWD) is the premier gathering of worker cooperatives in the Eastern region. The ECWD is governed by the Eastern Coordinating Council (ECC), a conference planning group operating under the nonprofit umbrella of the Ecological Democracy Institute of North America. ECC voting members, alternates, and advisors work with the lead organizer(s) to plan the biennual Eastern Conference for Workplace Democracy.
- Alicia Cordell, Casa Nueva Restaurant (Co-Facilitator) (2013 – 2017)
- Joe Rinehart, (Co-Facilitator) (2011 – 2015)
- Jackie Srebrenick, Worker Co-op Consultant (2013 – 2017)
- Dania Flores, Global Village (2013 – 2017)
- Morgan Crawford, NASCO (Notetaker) (2013 – 2017)
- Emma Yorra, Center for Family Life Sunset Park (2013 – 2017)
- Stephanie Guico, Democracy at Work Institute (2014-2017)
- Ashley Hernandez, Restaurant Opportunities Center of Houston (2011 – 2015)
Past Members & Advisors
- Neily Jennings, Common Ground Center, AORTA Co-op
- Colleen Gorman, Little Grill Collective
- Alex Jones, Fund for Democratic Communities (2013 – 2017)
- Ajowa Ifateyo, Grassroots Economic Organizing
- Jessica Gordon-Nembhard, Associate Professor of Community Justice and Social Economic Development
- Adam Trott, Valley Alliance of Worker Cooperatives
- Mary Hoyer, Cooperative Fund of New England
- Andi Shively, Third Coast Workers for Cooperation
- Ed Whitfield, Fund for Democratic Communities
- Ted DeBarbieri, Urban Justice Center
- Esther West, Equal Exchange
- Becca Koganer, Equal Exchange
- Sarah Assefa, Worcester Roots
- Frank Adams, Southern Appalachian Center for Cooperative Ownership
- Dan Bell, Meaningful Numbers Cooperative
- Jim Johnson, Grassroots Economic Organizing
- Charles Strader, Gaia Host Collective
- Aaron Dawson, USFWC Board
The Eastern Coordinating Council holds elections at ECWD. We depend on a core group of dedicated volunteers to organize our biannual conferences!
Candidates will make brief speeches during the ECWD business meeting at dinnertime on Saturday, and election results will be announced on Sunday morning.
Responsibilities of ECC members:
- Monthly hour-long conference calls.
- Participation in a committee in between calls (finance, outreach/communications, content, or HUB, which is a coordinating committee).
- Providing input on overall vision, theme, and content.
- Attending and volunteering at the Summer 2015 and 2017 conferences (we currently do not waive registration fees for ECC members, but they can apply for subsidized registration).
- Most of the heavy lifting occurs in the year leading up to the conference.
- We do hire organizing staff but a large amount of the work is shared by the volunteer members of the ECC.
If you would like to run or nominate a candidate please complete the following:
Name of ECC Nominee:
Co-op Affliation (if any):
Email address of ECC Nominee:
Phone number of ECC Nominee:
Please submit to Neily Jennings at neily.jennings[at]gmail.com.